Friday, May 21, 2010

DON'T BE JEALOUS


As you already know, I'm an Alexander McQueen obsessive. It's one of the relatively few traits I have in common with my boyfriend of 8 years. I'm the lousiest gift-giver; if I manage to pick up a gift for anyone, you know it was last minute. Unless I happened to find the perfect gift ahead of time, in which case I will most likely ruin the surprise because I'm terrible at keeping secrets!
Anyway, for our last anniversary, my boyfriend bought us matching McQueen skull rings (he even collaborated with my mom, who's a fabulous jewelry designer, to replace the crystal details with diamonds). Yeah, he's pretty much perfect. Just a few months into the new year, we moved into a new, very glammy-whammy pad. We'd been moved-in just a few weeks when the awful news of McQueen's death hit. My heart was a little bit broken, and the boyfriend was pretty bummed as well. Right then, we both decided to splurge on this black and yellow "Scribble" scarf in honor of our hero's passing. It's honestly to-die-for, but since the limited-edition print is on a very expensive sheet of silk chiffon, neither of us wanted to wear it for fear of damaging it. So, what did we do? We had it framed! And, boy if it doesn't look exquisite!


R.I.P. Lee Alexander McQueen