Wednesday, June 23, 2010

JEGGINGS ON DUDES: OUI OU NON?

VERSACE Spring 2011

I read this article at Fashionista about "jeggings," or jean-leggings for the uninitiated. They're basically skinny jeans that are skintight without being uncomfortable, hence the added "legging" component (stretch-cotton, elastic, whatever). Fashionista calls jeggings a "weird trend from men's fashion week," I call it "my daily wardrobe." I concede that dudes who wear jeggings should exercise a great deal of caution upon wearing (do they make your junk look weird? and are you thin enough for this?).

EMPORIO ARMANI Spring 2011

I wear jeggings everyday. As a male of (relatively) smaller stature, I learned long ago that skinny jeans are great for elongating your figure, provided that you are in fact skinny enough to wear a skinny jean. A jegging designed specifically for a man and all of his parts would be ideal, and it looks like we'll be seeing them on the market soon. I swear by the Current/Elliott "Legging" as well as J Brand's many varieties of skintight denim. And I just bought the sickest pair of black leather Rag and Bone leggings that I will never take off when winter comes around. So, I clearly have no objection to the man-jegging. Do you?