Monday, June 21, 2010

MILAN: BURBERRY GOES BIKER!


This jacket ... is .... killing me dead. Lethal.

Christopher Bailey's last collection for Burberry Prorsum was all about shearling. Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. This time, though, the pouty metrosexual Burberry man swaddled in brown suede was gone. His replacement? Tough-as-shit, pouty and pasty skinny boys! Hooray!




Before Bailey gave Burberry a much-needed dose of sex appeal with Prorsum, you couldn't convince me to buy a thing from the British trench-makers. I equated Burberry with the (often ugly) "Novacheck," usually splashed all over diaper bags I'd see moms carrying around at the mall. Everything changed when Bailey unveiled that infamous Prorsum line where suddenly the Novacheck disappeared and everything was studded and black. You know the one? 


Anyway, many years later I'd come to own not one, but three Burberry jackets, all of them completely indispensable to me. And the studs are back! Burberry Prosum S/S 2011 is my favorite collection so far.