Thursday, March 18, 2010

FARAH - "GAY BOY"


I've known the girl behind the legendary Italians Do It Better Records singles ("Law of Life," used in a Christopher Kane runway show) for many years. Her name is FARAH. She is a complex individual, her vocal prowess intense and her lyrical genius profound ... yet she also enjoys watching Twilight, taking care of her cat Bebe and redecorating her apartment every other day. I first met Farah long before she caught the ear of Glass Candy's mega-hot producer Johnny Jewel, when she was still writing songs on a tone-deaf Casio and rocking a platinum blonde Nico-style haircut. She cancelled her scheduled appearance at this year's SXSW conference because, as she told me yesterday, "... it's too dirty and I don't want to ruin my heels."

If you haven't already snagged Farah's debut EP or heard her tracks featured on the game-changing After Dark compilation, then there is no time like the present for an introduction. Her latest single "Gay Boy" is now available on vinyl at Italians Do It Better and as a digital release on iTunes.

I swore she wrote this song about me ... she would neither confirm nor deny this:

FARAH - Gay Boy (Lullaby)
Update: I will be interviewing Farah for the site this Sunday. If you have any questions for la chanteuse please submit them here or on our Facebook page!