Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MILAN FASHION WEEK ROUNDUP

So, I think I've finally got my sea-legs after that nasty bout of influ-whatevah and now that I've got enough energy to blog, this slow connection speed is keeping my internet activities at a snail's pace! Anyway, things should be back to normal shortly. Here's a small roundup of the rest of Milan's womenswear collections ...

VERSUS






Christopher Kane's debut RTW collection for the long-slumbering Versus label is generating a lot of buzz among the fashion flock. What began as a capsule-like collection of accessories, commissioned by Donatella Versace in a bid to reanimate her brand's youthful diffusion line, has become a fascinating pas-de-deux between the two designers, culminating in rave reviews and a cheeky, mischievous collection of bondage-lite cocktail dresses. The press are having a field day pitting the nimble Kane against the Dragon Lady, and I'm loving every minute.

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO





Apparently Rachel Zoe was losing her shit over this collection, and considering Ferragamo has been out of the clothing business for aeons I have to admit it's pretty darn good ...



Zoe was obviously hypnotised by these Lurex stunners.

GUCCI


I am always and forever a bit of a Gucci man, and Frida G. has been knocking 'em out of the ballpark lately. Her latest efforts were definitely less sexually-charged (or retro-leaning, for that matter) than in recent years:




I thought this jacket was stunning.


I don't know ... I'm a bit bored with this suede-y, '70's vibe I'm getting from the Milan shows. Critics are pointing to a return to the "wearable" or "functional" or "sale-able." I miss the '80's-ed out, Helmut Newton femmes fatales of Gucci's past ... the razor sharp, dangerous types that Frida so convincingly sent down the runway last year. Oh, well. Cruise 2010 is right around the corner ...