Thursday, April 22, 2010

COBRASNAKE DOES JEREMY SCOTT'S COACHELLA TOGA PARTY

Har Mar Superstar gets cheeky with Beth Ditto.

Remember when all you wanted to do was be photographed by Mark "the Cobrasnake" and have your picture broadcast all over the world? Well, those days are behind us, thankfully. The infamous party snapper was at Coachella last weekend for Jeremy Scott's Toga Party, and the resulting photos are shiver-inducing (and not in the good way). I'm glad to have outgrown this hipster bullshit way before it's expiration date, which was approximately 2006 (unlike Johnny Makeup; I don't recommend clicking that link if you've just had breakfast).
That isn't to say I'm not guilty of hipsterish hooligan-ery; I was at a Justice after-party once (it was actually a "green room party") and Mr. Cobrasnake was there taking pictures. Someone asked me and my friend for a photo, and just as we were posed, poised and ready, Cobrasnake suddenly had to pee or something, dashing my dreams of instant internet celebrity forever. Oh well, I learned a valuable lesson: it's actually better to be known for something other than looking fabulous and getting stupid drunk with famous people!