Friday, February 19, 2010

RIHANNA RIPS OFF M.I.A.






Did Rihanna Rip-off M.I.A. and Major Lazer?
Rihanna just came out with her "Rude Boy" music video and people are calling her out for basically copying (the much more impressive and creative artist) M.I.A.'s signature style, which can be evidenced in this highly informative article.
The drama unfolded when M.I.A.'s ex-boyfriend and collaborator Diplo posted this to his Twitter account:

 


Either way, M.I.A. clearly comes out of this controversy on top. The "Boyz" video came out like 4 years ago. The part I don't understand is when did Major Lazer happen? Major Lazer is a collaboration between Diplo and Switch (who both co-produced M.I.A.'s first and second albums, respectively), which is awesome.
I do have to admit that the Rihanna track is pretty dope, I can't stop listening to it actually!.